Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hello Goodbyes

Yesterday was my first experience with this whole goodbye thing with Mike. And he doesn't even leave for 35 more days. Yeah. Last night was his last night in Logan. My last time to have him up in Logan at Utah State. 

We went and walked around Main street and the Tabernacle. We wrote our names on a wall somewhere and he picked me a bright yellow tulip. 

We tried to go mini golfing but it was closed. 

We got the first snow cones of the season and rented a movie.

We watched the movie. Then it hit me.

This is it. The last time I will have him all to myself with no one else to worry about. 

Then the cutie started to cry and I just can't take that.

I tried to hold it in as best as I could but I just can't anymore.

I started looking at his room, the place we started hanging out again at the beginning of the year, the place we decided to get back together, where we watched countless movies, built forts, talked, laughed and now, bawled our eyes out. 

Then how at 330 today, that isn't his room anymore. Everything there is just done. It's gone.

Then it hit me that the countdown to his mission has always been finish school then he goes.

Well school is done, for him. Mine is tomorrow. 

That means the next thing is for him to actually leave. 

Then of course we just had to be listening to Brad Paisley.

She's Everything comes on. 
This is his ringtone. That's when I realized that in 35 days, I'm not going to hear that for 2 years. 
Then Waitin' on a Woman. 
He always tells me this is his song because he waited for me for 6 or 7 years. 
Finally to finish this streak of songs, it was Then.
That was it. 

If I hadn't already, I lost it. 

He was leaving. It all hit. Like a boulder to the face.

It was like the little kid cry when you can't catch your breath. 

Now my eyes are swollen and I am talking like I have a cold. 

I'm so sad to see him leave Logan and everything we've done here.

Getting back together, become True Aggies, Bear Lake, drives to who knows where, The Cuddly Duckling, Baby Animal Festival, Connections, Mud run Birthdays, Dinners, bowling, roller skating, living on our own, him deciding to go on a mission, a million movies, ice skating, basketball games, football games, gymnastics meets, golfing, parks, getting stuck in the snow, late nights that turned into early mornings, freezing our butts off, concerts, even just the drives from SLC to Logan. 
     
  
  
    
This has been the greatest year of my life, mostly thanks to him. I can't even imagine what next year will be like knowing he isn't just up the hill. It is going to take a lot of getting used to. 

Mike, thank you for such a great year and everything that has happened up here. I wouldn't change any of it and I am so grateful you were here to be my best friend and keep me company everyday. I love you so much and hope you enjoyed that last year as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment