It finally started happening.
The realization that I am leaving in a very short amount of time.
It hit me.
It hit me as I tried to sing through the song that I so very last minute added to my talk.
So yes, I will be singing at my own farewell per request of my Dad and Grandma.
As I sat at the piano, my fingers ran across the keys more gracefully then they normally do since I taught myself to play and therefore do it my way. The lyrics whispered out of my mouth ever so quietly, embarrassed to have my family hear, just then the tears started falling.
Finishing the last few paragraphs of my final talk in my ward until I am a returned missionary.
Appreciating the love of so many around me.
My parents. The two of them are so full of support and love. Always.
My brothers. The three of them are such a joy. I can't believe how fast they grew up and how much they will grow while I am away.
My friends and fellow "Sisters and Elders". The 18 of them who set such amazing examples and showed me what it was like to experience a true happiness by serving with all that they have.
My sister, who showed me what it is like to make the hard decision of leaving on a mission and hardly ever skipping a beat once she was out there.
The teachers and leaders who helped me gain my own testimony, understand the truthfulness of this gospel, and love it.
My heart is so full today.
Full with blessings and thankfulness.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment