Friday, December 21, 2012

Sometimes..


Sometimes sisters go on missions.
Sometimes when sisters go on missions you get to go to the MTC.
Sometimes when you go to the MTC, it's your first time.
Sometimes when it's your first time at the MTC, you are in awe of how many missionaries are actually there.
Sometimes when you are in awe of missionaries, you realize your sister is one of them.
Sometimes when your sister is one of them, you have to wave goodbye from the window.
Sometimes when you wave goodbye from the window, the Elders watch. 
Sometimes when the Elders watch, you think about all your friends that did that.
Sometimes when you think of all your friends that did that, you are so proud.
Sometimes when you are so proud, you wonder what they go through in a day.
Sometimes when you wonder what they do in a day, you think about going to find out yourself.
Sometimes when you think about finding out for yourself, you question a lot of things.
Sometimes when you question a lot of things, life gets confusing.
Sometimes when life gets confusing, you realize all your best friends are on missions and there is no one to talk to.
Sometimes when there is no one to talk to, you sit quietly around the house.
Sometimes when you sit quietly in the house, your parents think you are depressed.
Sometimes when your parents think you are depressed, they question you and watch the Miss Universe pageant. 
Sometimes when you you watch the Miss Universe Pageant, you get really bored.
Sometimes when you get really bored, you wish your friends were here.
Sometimes when you wish your friends were here, you realize they all will be the Summer 2014.
Sometimes when you think about the summer of 2014, you wish it would come sooner.
Sometimes when you wish it would come sooner, you realize you just barely started waiting.
Sometimes when you just barely start waiting, you wish you didn't have to wait anymore.
Sometimes when you are wishing you didn't have to wait, you get lonely.
Sometimes when you get lonely, you realize that it's your sister first day in the MTC and she is probably lonely too.
Sometimes when you think about your sister in the MTC, you realize that it's ten and she is getting ready for bed.
Sometimes when you realize she is getting ready for bed, you kind of want to too.
Sometimes when you want to go to bed, you get on your computer.
Sometimes when you get on your computer, you watch tons of Wedding Videos.
Sometimes when you watch tons of wedding videos, you get very critical.
Sometimes when you get very critical, you wonder if your wedding will ever be good enough.
Sometimes when you wonder about your wedding, you remember that your not even engaged yet.
Sometimes when your not engaged yet, you decide it's a good idea to get on Pintrest.
Sometimes when you get on Pintrest, it gets boring.
Sometimes when it gets boring, you wish your sister was here to do something with.
Sometimes when you wish you could do something with your sister, you realize you can't for 18 months.
Sometimes when you think about 18 months, you know it will go so fast.
Sometimes when you think it will go fast, deep down you know it's still 18 months,
Sometimes when you know it's still 18 months, you realize that is a pretty long time.
Sometimes when it feels like a really long time, you wish you had a remedy to make it go faster.
Sometimes you wish you had a time machine, so your sister and friends would be back already.
Sometimes sisters go on missions.




Yes, it's true. She is officially in the mission field. It has felt a lot different than I thought it would. I definitely end up bored a lot more and I have a feeling it will only get worse. Hopefully my brothers want to have girl talk...
We got our first letter from her today and it was hilarious to watch my family get as giddy to get the first letter from her as I did from Mike. I knew exactly how they felt.
But for some reason I am so at peace with her being gone.
For lots of reasons I'm sure.
Because I've been preparing for this since May or June when she told us she was going.
Because she is family, and I know I will see her the second she gets home.
Because I am so happy for her that this is part of her plan, that she is one of the chosen to spread the gospel.
I think that is the most exciting part.

She will truly be an amazing missionary, there is no doubt in my mind.
She will be tested and tried but I know she will pull through and her true colors will shine.
She will have to come out of her shell, many times.
But she will do it and she will be incredible.
She is about to change peoples lives in Fort Worth Texas.
She will change our families lives here at home.
She will change her life as she devotes her time and energy all to the Lord.

I'll miss her but it so much easier positively knowing that she is where she is supposed to be.
Love you Mal!





1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Haley! If you ever get bored, let's go on an adventure! I mean it.

    ReplyDelete