Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pointless

This is going to be such a pointless blog post but I'm so bored and just want to blog. How bored am I you ask?
This bored.

So today is Sunday, boring 'ol Sunday.
I used to love Sundays for my movie watching and nap taking but now I can do that whenever and if I take a nap then my sleep schedule is messed up all week. 
So I'm doing things to try and keep me occupied. 
Like blow bubbles and then take pictures of myself doing so. 
I know.
I went to church today though! That was a start. 
It was actually a really good day at church.
great actually.
I hadn't been for a while since I was on vacation with my family, sick and who knows what.
I actually missed it.
Today was fast Sunday which means Testimony meeting. 
Normally this would mean nothing to me but today it did.
I sat through Sacrament meeting with my heart pounding and butterflies fluttering in my stomach.
I was supposed to bear my testimony for the first time in my life
holy crap.
Somehow I sat through Sacrament without getting up. Even though I thought I was just going to get thrown up there.
But God was not going to have that.
He was not going to let me just sit back.
So I go to Sunday School. It was good. Nothing special.
Then Relief Society. 
Our lesson was on Music.
Need I say more?
Woof. I was losing fast. 
Music is a huge part of my life then to have the lesson on it was a lot.
To top it all off, the girl giving the lesson let us just sing hymns for a good ten minutes. 
It was heaven.
Then our cute Relief Society President gets up and says,
"Since it's fast Sunday and we have a few minutes left I'm going to give you guys that didn't in Sacrament a chance to bear your testimony"
Great. That's me. I got it God. Thank you.
So there I was, standing in front of relief society, bearing my testimony, crying.
I made Britt cry so I win.
That's what I get for asking God to help me feel the spirit and feel of His love. 
After, a ton of people came up to me and thanked me for sharing my testimony.
Did I remember what I had said? No.
Something about Missionaries (big surprise) and how God isn't going to make us do this by ourselves. 
I was too nervous to remember the stuff coming out of my mouth.
I'm shaking thinking about it.
Needless to say, it was good for me. I did it. 

So now I'm going to enjoy my Sunday.
I have to give a presentation in my English class tomorrow.
Yet again with the public speaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment