Fast forward to Tuesday...
While blog stalking to pass the time I checked Mike's sister-in-law's blog and found that their Grandpa, Grandpa Clair, had passed away that day.
They knew this was coming and had for a while. That does not make it any easier.
I was heartbroken. Especially since I knew how much he meant to Mike and now he had missed the last week with him.
I told my mom about this and she immediately said, "Oh I have to get them this book!"
I was a little weirded out by this idea.
She not only wanted to give Mike's parents a copy but also Mike.
I've never seen Mike read a book and I was pretty sure he wasn't going to start on his mission while he is so busy already.
She was so adamant about this and we bought the books.
When we got home I had a letter from Elder Free. So I opened it and wondered what he had to say this time.
It broke my heart to see that the majority of the letter was him wishing to be home spending time with his Grandpa. He had obviously written it before his Grandpa had passed but still.
I read that letter just a few short hours after I had heard the news and I wondered if he even knew yet.
It seriously broke my heart and I was speechless. (For once I was grateful for letters and the chance they give me to figure out what to say.)
It was then that I decided I needed to read this book before I sent it to him.
I read it in one night. It's less then 150 pages and a super easy read though.
It is about a man whose body is in a coma but his spirit travels to life after death.
He gets to experience so many things.
The whole book is about how our family members that have passed help us in our daily lives in mortality.
While reading, I got to a point when it all hit me.
"Certain members of each family chose, long ago, before this life, to die and come to this realm (Paradise) that they might better help their families endure the challenges to come... many powerful, wonderful spirits are being called home right now, that they can better help their families prepare for that which is about to take place your world."
That was it. His Grandpa had been sick for a while and I was amazed by how long he fought through his sickness. He sent his grandson out on a mission, went with him through the temple, was there when he was set apart and said their final goodbyes that Wednesday. Then a week later, he passed.
I really think it is to be Mike's companion on his mission. He wasn't just sending him off, he was preparing himself. He will be helping Mike through a hard two years and I know it isn't a coincidence that Grandpa Clair passed when he did.
This book really proved that to me. It will for you too. Just read it. It's worth it. (That says a lot coming from a girl who hates reading.) It will change your perspective on death and really make it clear that this is not the end. Not even close.
No comments:
Post a Comment