A year ago today on June, 7 2011, I became a graduate of Brighton High School.
That day was insane. The feeling of being graduated. Being done from 12 years of schooling and the next step would be moving away, going to college, and picking a major and all that stuff.
Never in a million years did I think the boy I was sitting next to would be on a mission a year later.
We graduated in the afternoon and it was really warm that day.
I got to sing in the choir and with my seniors for the last time, and with Smith.
We sang For Good from Wicked.
There were a lot of speakers who had tried out, and also some that had to since they were in Student Government.
There was one special speaker though.
That year, our soccer team had dedicated their season to one of the seniors fathers who had passed away earlier that year.
It was the sweetest thing.
They all wore arm bands that had the fathers initials on them, HD.
We made it all the way to the State Finals.
We get to the end of the game and it's tied.
We go into overtime.
Still tied.
Second overtime.
It's all tied until the last like 10 seconds.
Alta, our rival, scores.
There was nothing we could do.
It was the most heartbreaking thing in the world.
The boys were so devastated.
At graduation, the boys received a very special award for doing this.
Then we started walking, since I was in the choir, I got to sit up front and was one of the first to graduate. That was very exciting.
Then it started to set in that I was in the real world now! What do I do now? It was the most relaxing feelings though. No more high school. No more drama. No more just lame high school things.
I had no idea what I was in for.
Life got crazy and high school quickly looked a lot easier.
But I loved college and I love being graduated.
Now life can finally get started.
And it definitely has.
So here are the pictures of my friends, a lot of them I wish I would have stayed in touch with through the years.

This is easily my favorite picture from this day.
All in all graduation was a good thing. It made things a little awkward to see people later or whatever but I wouldn't change it for anything.



No comments:
Post a Comment